Bean (Lima, Pinto, Pink, Great Northern, Black, Light Red Kidney), Pea (Yellow Split, Blackeye, Green Split), Lentil (Red, Green), Thyme, Bay leaf and Parsley
Nutrition: No added salt or artificial anything, Certified Gluten Free
Preparing the beans:
1. Pick through the beans. Remove discolored, shriveled beans and any foreign material. Rinse well.
2. Place the beans into a 6-8 quart pot with ham hock and 12 cups cold water.
3. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
Preparing the soup:
1. Add contents of soup mix seasoning packet, tomatoes, celery, onion, green pepper, garlic and salt. Bring soup back to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered 1 hour.
2. Cut up chicken and add to soup pot.
3. Slice kielbasa sausage lengthwise into quarters. Slice crosswise to make little wedges. Add sausage to soup pot.
4. Return pot to a simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
5. Remove ham hock from pot. Dice meat and return meat to soup pot before serving.